Educational resources are key
National Smile Month organisers, the Oral Health Foundation, are encouraging dental care professionals to get ready for this year’s campaign and support the charity by getting hold of their exclusive educational resources.
National Smile Month is one of the UK’s largest and longest-running campaigns promoting good oral health. Together with thousands of individuals and organisations, National Smile Month highlights key messages all of which go a long way in helping deliver better oral health for all.
With this year’s campaign due to start on May 15, the Oral Health Foundation would like to remind all dental and healthcare professionals that they can support the charities important work, and make their National Smile Month events massively successful and fun, by buying resources through their online store at www.smilemonth.org
Amanda Oakey, director of educational resources, explained why you should get involved in the campaign and how you can get the most out of your educational resources. She said, “At the Oral Health Foundation, our ultimate goal is to improve the oral health of every person in the UK and enable them to smile with confidence; it is the funds raised through the resources we sell in the National Smile Month store which enable us to continue our good work.
“With your help and hard work we are able to get important messages to people and communities who are often disadvantaged, vulnerable and more at risk of oral disease.
“Last year, more than 4,000 organisations and individuals took part in the campaign and supported us by purchasing our resources. This year, we want to go even further and are appealing for your help in reaching even more people.
“We have educational resources available to suit every budget and need and all of the proceeds contribute directly to providing better oral health for all.”
The money raised through educational resources is very important:
- £1 allows us to print resources which can be displayed in a dental practice and spread awareness of oral health.
- £5 pays for us to process the registration of one of the fantastic dental practices who support National Smile Month. Allowing the impact of the campaign to really reach the heart of local communities.
- £10 allows for one of our expert dental helpline staff to take a call from a patient in need of urgent oral health advice and support.
- £25 lets us create and distribute the iconic smileys, which thousands of dental professionals use on social media to support the #MySmileySelfie campaign and spread important oral health messages.
- £50 gives us the ability to deliver our National Smile Month campaign pack full of essential educational resources, giving a dental practice everything they need to kick start their own event.
“With your support the campaign reaches more than 50m people each year and we are delighted to see how many of you actively get involved in National Smile Month. To help make your event a success this year we have loads of new and exclusive resources,” added Amanda.
“Our exclusive Campaign Display Pack, for example, is a fantastic resource to bring a smile to everyone’s faces and provides you with everything that you could possibly need to get started and provide important oral health messages to everyone – and have a great time while doing so.”
If you have not yet registered to be involved in National Smile Month then do so now at www.smilemonth.org It only takes two minutes and you will receive your free registration pack to set you on your way to joining the party.
As an added bonus, there are still red glitter smileys to be found in some lucky packs, if there is one in your pack then you can join us at the National Smile Month launch party by sharing your image with us on social media using #MyRedGlitterSmiley.